A Holding Account is a "parking space" for Vacation Points from a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation that has been modified or canceled 30 days to 1 day before your scheduled Check-In date.
Sometimes a Member makes a change to a reservation 30 days to 1 day before the Check-In date using fewer Vacation Points than the original reservation. The Vacation Points’ difference goes into a Holding Account. Any change is considered a cancel and rebook.
Vacation Points in your Holding Account will be good until the end of your Use Year when they will expire. You can use them like you would your regular Vacation Points, except that reservations must be made within 60 days of your Check-In. Vacation Points in a Holding Account also cannot be banked or borrowed.
Here are some guidelines regarding usage of Holding Account Vacation Points.
- These Vacation Points can be used for a new Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation during your current Use Year as long as the reservation is booked 60 or less days before the new Check-In date.
These Vacation Points can also be used for a new reservation during your current Use Year in 2 ways:
- For the Disney Collection* (except Disneyland Resort in California and Tokyo Disney Resort hotels), or Concierge Collection*, you can make the reservation more than 4 months before the end of your Use Year for a Check-In date that is 60 or less days before the new Check-In date.
- For Disney Collection reservations at Disneyland Resort in California and Tokyo Disney Resort hotels, or the World Collection, as long as the reservation is booked 60 or less days before the new Check-In date.
- These Vacation Points cannot be banked or borrowed.
- These Vacation Points must be used by the end of the Use Year or they expire.
If your plans change, the policies of Disney Vacation Club are accommodating: if you change or cancel a reservation at least 31 days before your Check-In date, you will incur no penalties. All your Vacation Points will be returned to your account. Banked or borrowed Vacation Points are not returned to their original Use Year. They will remain as banked or borrowed Vacation Points and stay in the Use Year of the canceled reservation.
*Available when you purchase directly from Disney.